Thursday 14 October 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1948 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Marcia Barrett: Jamaican-English singer (Boney M).
- Gerard Murphy: Irish-English actor (d. 2013).
- Norman Ornstein: American political scientist and scholar.
- David Ruprecht: American game show host and actor.
- Engin Ar?k: Turkish nuclear physicist (d. 2007).
- Batavia lt-Governor-General of Mook dismissed
- Large scale fighting between Israel and Egypt
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 October 1948 and get them!