Friday 15 April 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carles Marsden and Hso Khan Pha.
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1938 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Carles Marsden: Professor (neurology).
- Hso Khan Pha: Burmese politician.
- Claudia Cardinale: Italian actress, internationally known.
- Francis Hallé: French botanist and biologist.
- Henri Marchal: French chief curator of the National Museum of African and Oceanic Arts, Paris (1989).
- Hso Pha: Burmese-Canadian geologist and politician
- Cesar Vallejo: Peruvian poet (Born 1892).
- Disney's Donald Duck film Donald's Nephews is released to theaters in the USA. Characters Huey, Dewey, and Louie make their film debut.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 April 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Love to Whistle - Fats Waller
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?