Wednesday 6 April 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Thinnes in Chicago and Paul Daniels.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1938 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Roy Thinnes in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Invaders, Falcon Crest, General Hospital).
- Paul Daniels: British entertainer, magician and former government employee.
- Janken Varden: Norwegian stage director.
- Roy Thinnes: American actor.
- Teflon invented by Roy J Plunkett
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 April 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?