Tuesday 19 April 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1938 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:19 April
- Henry John Newbolt: Poet / Author (Studies Green & Gray), dies at 75.
- Phil Emmett Mueller and Dodger Ernie Koy both homer in their 1st at bat
- 42nd Boston Marathon won by Leslie Pawson of Rhode Island in 2:35:34.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?