Saturday 30 April 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1938 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- Larry [Van Cott] Niven American sci-fi author (5 Hugo: Neutron Star, Flash Crowd).
- Gary Collins in Venice: California, USA; actor (Sixth Sense, Home Show).
- Gary Collins: American actor and television host.
- Juraj Jakubisko: Slovak director and screenwriter.
- Larry Niven: American author and screenwriter.
- Bradman scores 258 Aust vs. Worcs, 293 mins, 33 fours 1 five
- The animated cartoon short Porky's Hare Hunt debuts in movie theaters, introducing Happy Rabbit (a prototype of Bugs Bunny).
- The first televised FA Cup Final takes place between Huddersfield Town and Preston North End.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?