Sunday 15 May 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Adventures of Robin Hood, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1938 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Mireille Darc: French actress; her films include "Galia," "The Blonde From Peking," and "Many in a Hurry," both French and foreign language films.
- Nancy Garden: American author (d. 2014).
- Diane Nash: American Civil Rights Movement figure.
- Lenny Welch: American singer.
- Daniel Oster: French writer who died on 15 April 1999.
- Lenny Welch in Asbury Park: New Jersey, USA; musician ("Breaking up is Hard to Do").
- Paul-Henri Spak forms red coalition of Belgium.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?