Thursday 7 April 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1938 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Pete La Roca: American jazz drummer.
- Edmund Brown: San Francisco Politician.
- David Sanborn: American musical composer of film production.
- Spencer Dryden: American drummer (Jefferson Airplane New Riders of the Purple Sage The Dinosaurs and The Peanut Butter Conspiracy) (d. 2005).
- Freddie Hubbard: American trumpet player and composer (d. 2008).
- Iris Johansen: American author
- Yvonne Lime in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Father Knows Best, Dobie Gillis).
- Freddie Hubbard in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; jazz trumpeter (Art Blakey).
- [Edmund G] Jerry Brown Jr in San Francisco: California, USA; American politician (Governor-Democrat-California, 1975-83).
- Jerry Brown: American politician and noted family, born into politics as the son of Governor Pat Brown. He is considered one of the most exciting and controversial leaders of his generation. After four years of Jesuit training, he went to Berkeley and Yale Law schools. From school, Brown entered a Los Angeles law firm and, as a natural progression, went into politics. His first position was in 1969 on the Los Angeles Community College Board of Trustees, a low rung of the ladder. He went on to become Secretar
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?