Saturday 17 March 1956, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred McLeod Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1956 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Will Rigby: rock percussionist (Amy Rigby Diary of a Mad Housewife).
- François Raulin: French Jazz pianist and composer.
- Patrick McDonnell: American author and illustrator.
- Rory McGrath: English actor and screenwriter.
- Fred Allen: New Zealand rugby player and coach (d. 2012).
- 8th Emmy Awards: Ed Sullivan Show, Phil Silvers Show and Lucy Ball
- In Hollywood, California, the 8th Annual Emmy Awards are presented. Best Action or Adventure Series: Disneyland
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?