Sunday 17 April 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Billie Jean by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Lone Wolf McQuade, directed by Steve Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1983 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Roberto Jimenez: Peruvian football player.
- Stanislav Chistov: Russian ice hockey player.
- Roberto Jiménez: Peruvian footballer.
- Andrea Marcato: Italian rugby player.
- 1st National Coin Week begins
- Nolan Ryan strikes out his 3,500th batter
- In Warsaw, Poland, police route 1,000 Solidarity supporters.
- India enters space age launching SLV-3 rocket.
- Lynn Adams wins LPGA Combanks Orlando Golf Classic.
- Grete Waltz runs female world record marathon (2:25:29).
- First National Coin Week begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Styx - Mr. Roboto
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - One On One
- Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?