Tuesday 26 April 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Valley Girl, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1983 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- José López: Argentinian race car driver.
- Jose Maria Lopez: Argentine racing driver.
- Jessica Lynch: American military, a Marine assigned to the Iraq War.
- Bruins 2-Isles 5-Wales Conference Championship-Isles hold 1-0 lead
- San Antonio spurs beat Denver Nuggets 152-133 in NBA playoff game.
- Dow Jones Industrial Average breaks 1200 for first time.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 April 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?