Monday 25 April 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK Let's Dance by David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Valley Girl, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1983!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1983 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- DeAngelo Williams: Football Player.
- Johnathan Thurston: Rugby Player.
- J Howell: American baseball player.
- Joanne Peh: Singaporean actress and singer.
- Nick Willis: New Zealand runner.
- JP Howell: American baseball player
- William S Bowdern: American Jesuit Roman Catholic priest (Born 1897).
- Yuri Andropov invites US schoolgirl Samantha Smith to USSR
- The Soviet Union releases a letter that Russian leader Yuri Andropov wrote to Samantha Smith, an American fifth-grade student in Manchester, Maine, inviting her to visit his country. Andropov's letter came in response to a note Smith had sent him in December 1982, asking him if the Soviets were planning to start a nuclear war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?