Thursday 12 August 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Fish and Michel Grisolia.
Mr. Peabody and the Mermaid, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Crystal Room.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1948 ?
- Cliff Fish: Rocker (Paper Lace).
- Michel Grisolia: French man of letters; a novelist, screenwriter, journalist, literary critic and lyricist.
- Siddaramaiah : Indian lawyer and politician 22nd Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Sue Kidd: American nurse author and educator.
- Graham Zellick: Principal (Queen Mary and Westfield College London).
- Harry Brearley: English metallurgist (d. 1948).
- Cleveland Indians get 29 hits in a 9 inning game
- Court of justice sentences Gen Fr Christiansen to 12 years
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?