Saturday 17 July 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Ferguson and Phillip Harris.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1948 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Cathy Ferguson: 100m backstroke swimmer (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Phillip Harris: Rocker.
- Brian Glascock: drummer (Motels - "Only the Lonely").
- Jan Gangelhoff: American whistleblower (d. 2005).
- Luc Bondy: Swiss theatre and film director, son of journalist and author François Bondy.
- Ciro Discepolo: Italian astrologer, journalist and writer. He worked for twenty years at the popular daily of Naples, Il Mattino, writing articles on science, medicine, informatics, literature and astrology.
- Ron Asheton: American guitarist songwriter and actor (The Stooges Destroy All Monsters The New Order and New Race) (d. 2009)
- Israeli army captures Nazareth
- Proclamation of the constitution of the Republic of (South) Korea.
- The South Korean constitution is proclaimed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?