Thursday 17 December 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Animated Matches, directed by mile Cohl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1908 ?
- Willard Libby: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1980).
- Jean Bernard: France Painter.
- Gustave Humery: France sport Champion.
- Sylvia Ashton-Warner: New Zealand writer, poet and educator.
- William Brocklesby: Wordsworth composer.
- Willard Frank: Libby inventor (carbon-14 "atomic clock" (Nobel Prize 1960)).
- Sanford Dye: American astrologer and writer, specializing in Uranian astrology which he studied under Richard Svehla. A longtime member of AFA, he joined 8/14/1946.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Rainbow - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 December 1908 and get them!