Saturday 17 December 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Dawn Patrol, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1938 ?
- Jean-Claude Drouot: Belgian stage, film, and TV actor.
- Carlo Little: English drummer (Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages and All-Stars) (d. 2005).
- Peter Snell: New Zealand-American runner and orienteer.
- Utrecht Central Station destroyed by fire
- Otto Hahn discovers the nuclear fission of Uranium, the scientific and tecnological basis of nuclear energy, which marks the beginning of the Atomic age.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1938 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- This Can't Be Love - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Martha Tilton)
- Hurry Home - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?