Sunday 17 June 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Gallagher Jr and Jonathan Joly.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
The Karate Kid, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B-Wings or Mindshadow.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1984 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- John Gallagher Jr: American actor, singer and dancer.
- Jonathan Joly: French student political activist, who threw a pie at the politician Ségolène Royal on the steps of the station at La Rochelle on 16 June 2006.
- Mike Kerr: Guitarist.
- Chris Weidman: MMA Fighter.
- John Gallagher: Jr.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- John Turner succeeds Pierre Trudeau as Premier of Canada
- Swale, Kentucky Derby winner, collapses and dies.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Madonna - Borderline
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?