Sunday 17 June 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
The Karate Kid, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1984 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- John Gallagher Jr: American actor, singer and dancer.
- Jonathan Joly: French student political activist, who threw a pie at the politician Ségolène Royal on the steps of the station at La Rochelle on 16 June 2006.
- John Gallagher: Jr.
- Michael Mathieu: Bahamian sprinter.
- Si Tianfeng: Chinese race walker.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- John Turner succeeds Pierre Trudeau as Premier of Canada
- Swale, Kentucky Derby winner, collapses and dies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Madonna - Borderline
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?