Saturday 23 June 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Thomas and Duffy .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hercules or Kentilla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1984 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- James Thomas: Jr.
- Duffy : Welsh singer, songwriter and occasional actress.
- Tatjana Kivimägi: Russian-Estonian high jumper.
- Takeshi Matsuda: Japanese swimmer.
- Levern Spencer: Saint Lucian high jumper.
- J Thomas: American reality show contestant on Survivor: Tocantins
- Dave Walsh: American professional gamer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?