Sunday 24 June 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J J Redick and JJ Redick.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clu Clu Land or Grand Prix Manager.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1984 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- J J Redick: American basketball player.
- JJ Redick: American basketball player.
- Andrea Raggi: Italian footballer.
- J Redick: American basketball player.
- Laurie Rinker wins LPGA Boston Five Golf Classic
- Joe Morgan sets career home run mark for second basemen with number 265.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?