Friday 8 June 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Top Secret!, directed by Jim Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1984 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Torrey DeVitto: American actress.
- Andrea Casiraghi: Monaco royalty, the first child of Princess Caroline and Stefano Casiraghi, married the prior December.
- Esther Kaplan: Family Member.
- Javier Mascherano: Soccer Player.
- Torrey Devitto: TV Actress.
- Rosanna Pansino: YouTube Star
- Gordon Jacob: English composer (Born 1895).
- A deadly F5 tornado nearly destroys the town of Barneveld, Wisconsin, killing 9 people, injuring nearly 200, and causing over US$25 million in damage.
- Warner Bros. Pictures releases the film Gremlins to theaters in the USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?