Friday 22 June 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1984 ?
- Giorgos Apostolidis: Greek basketball player.
- Janko Tipsarevic: Serbian tennis player.
- Georgios Apostolidis: Greek basketball player.
- Dustin Johnson: American golfer.
- Rubén Martínez: Spanish footballer.
- Joseph Losey: American theater and film director.
- Calvin Griffith signs letter of intent to sell ownership of Twins
- Carl Pohlad becomes CEO of Minn Twins
- Jolande van de Meer swims Dutch record 800 m freestyle (8:39.30)
- Joseph Luns resigns as Secretary General of NATO
- Virgin Atlantic Airways launches with its first flight from London Heathrow Airport.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?