Sunday 17 March 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Primrose Path, directed by Gregory LaCava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1940 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Paul Capolongo: French orchestra conductor and director of the Mulhouse Symphony Orchestra 1975-1985.
- Vito Picone: rocker (Elegants).
- Mark White: American politician and lawyer who passed the bar in 1965, later the Assistant Attorney General of Omaha.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?