Friday 17 April 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Brenta and Kenas Aroi.
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1942 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Mario Brenta: Writer / director (Maicol, Barnabo of the Mountains).
- Kenas Aroi: Nauruan politician.
- Katia Krafft: French scientist, a specialist in the study of volcanoes.
- Jouko Turkka: Finnish stage director, an iconoclast in Finnish theater.
- David Bradley: British actor.
- Jean Perrin: French physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (Born 1870).
- 12 Lancasters bombs MAN-factory in Augsburg
- Operations begin to destroy Sobibor Concentration Camp.
- French prisoner of war General Henri Giraud escapes from his castle prison in Festung Konigstein.
- WWII: Henri Giraud the French commander captured in 1940, escapes from Königstein Fortress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?