Saturday 17 May 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paige Turco and Aaron Ruffin.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Get Back by Beatles With Billy Preston was in the top 5 hits.
Age of Consent, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gnomes of Dulwich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1969 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Paige Turco: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actress (Melanie-Guiding Light).
- Aaron Ruffin: Canadian Football League defensive back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Craig Erickson NFL quarterback (Indianapolis Colts: Miami Dolphins).
- Tabatha Coffey: Australian hairstylist and television personality.
- Alan Doyle: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist producer and actor (Great Big Sea).
- Joseph Beran: Czechoslovakian archbishop of Prague/cardinal, dies at age 80.
- My Wife, My Dog, My Cat, by Maskman and The Agents hits #92
- Russian probe Venera 6 landed on Venus
- Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh agree to go from NFC to the AFC in the NFL.
- 95th Preakness: Bill Hartack aboard Majestic Prince wins in 1:55.6.
- Venera program: Soviet Venera 6 begins its descent into the atmosphere of Venus, sending back atmospheric data before being crushed by pressure.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Beatles - Get Back
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
- Donovan - Atlantis
- Ray Stevens - Gitarzan
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?