Thursday 1 May 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Teorema, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1969 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Wes Anderson: Director.
- Bryan Marchment in Scarborough: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Edmonton Oilers).
- Billy Owens: NBA forward / guard (Sacramento Kings).
- Carrie Stevens: Buffalo, New York -- Playmate (June 1997).
- Ella Logan: Actress (52nd Street, Woman Chases Man), dies at 56.
- 43 Unification church couples wed in New York City
- Houston Don Wilson 2nd no-hitter beats Cin Reds, 4-0
- Pirate Radio Station 259 (England / France) begins transmitting
- Leonard Tose buys NFL Philadelphia Eagles for US$16,155,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- The Cowsills - Hair
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Ventures - Hawaii Five-O
- Booker T. & The M.G.'s - Time Is Tight
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Sweet Cherry Wine
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?