Wednesday 17 November 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Damsel in Distress, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1937 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Peter Edward Cook: Torquay, England -- Actor / comedian (Bedazzled).
- Peter Cook: British comedian and satirist, called the funniest man in the history of comedy.
- Britains Lord Halifax visits Germany, beginning of appeasement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Nice Work if You Can Get It - Fred Astaire
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?