Thursday 17 November 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1938 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alvaro Leon Cassuto: Composer.
- Peter Snell: New Zealand -- 800m / 1500m runner (1960, 64 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Thomas Black: English industrial / auto collector.
- Charles Guthrie: Baron Guthrie of Craigiebank Scottish general.
- Gordon Lightfoot: Canadian singer, songwriter and guitarist known as the "Canadian Bard" and prominent for writing and recording such classics as "If You Could Read My Mind," "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," and "Carefree Highway.
- Ante Trumbic: Croatian politician (Born 1864).
- Italy passes their own version of the anti-Jewish Nuremberg laws.
- US Secretary of State Cordell Hull signs trade pacts with Great Britain and Canada.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?