Thursday 11 November 1937, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Last Gangster, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1937 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Buddy Jimmy Lee Land Ace: Singer.
- Warner Wolf in Washington DC: USA; sportscaster (WABC-TV, WCBS-TV).
- Stephen Lewis: Canadian politician and diplomat 14th Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations.
- Alicia Ostriker: American poet and scholar.
- Messerschmidt ME-109V13 flies world record 610.4 km/h
- Nobel prize for physics awarded to C J Davisson and GP Thomson
- The Kogushi sulfur mine collapse, in western Gunma, Japan, kills at least 245 people.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?