Monday 19 February 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Whiteley and Thomas Brasch.
The Three Caballeros, directed by Norman Ferguson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1945 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Jon Whiteley: Actor (Moonfleet).
- Thomas Brasch: Writer.
- Jurgen Rumor: German footballer.
- Sam Abell: American photographer, has worked for National Geographic Society since 1970.
- Micha Bergese: German ballet dancer and choreographer who first studied music, then dance.
- Wim Speelman: Dutch resistance fighter, executed at age 26.
- 30,000 US Marines land on Iwo Jima
- US 5th Fleet launches invasion of Iwo Jima against the Japanese
- 450 ships with 30,000 men of the US 4th and 5th Marine divisions begin landing on Iwo Jima to attack Japanese forces.
- 900 Japanese soldiers reportedly killed by crocodiles in two days.
- Brotherhood Day is first celebrated.
- February 20 ampndash 980 Japanese soldiers die as a result of a killing spree by long saltwater crocodiles in Ramree, Burma.
- WWII ampndash Battle of Iwo Jima: About 30,000 United States Marines land on Iwo Jima.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1945 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night of the Week) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?