Friday 9 February 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Bergey and Mia (Maria) Farrow in Los Angeles.
The Three Caballeros, directed by Norman Ferguson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1945 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Bill Bergey: NFL Player.
- Mia (Maria) Farrow in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Rosemary's Baby, Purple Rose of Cairo).
- Gerard Lenorman: French singer.
- Gilles Barnett: French bookbinder and book restorer.
- Mia Farrow: American actress and noted family, the third of seven kids of writer-director John Farrow and actress Maureen O'Sullivan.
- Bertrand Landrieu: French senior official, prefect of the Ile-de-France and prefect of Paris (2002-2007).
- Gérard Lenorman: French singer, born at the "Château de Bénouville", maternity hospital, to Madeleine Lenormand and Erich, an unknown musician German soldier (his song "Warum mein Vater?). After a difficult childhood from Paris to Auvergne, he released his first album in 1969 and became very popular in the seventies. He wrote "La fille de paille" for Brigitte Bardot. Twenty years later, he represented France in the Eurovision Song Contest. In 2011, he recorded some duets with French singers.
- WAAF-corporal flies along the tail of a Spitfire
- World War II: The Battle of the Atlantic : HMS Venturer sinks U-864 off the coast of Fedje, Norway, in a rare instance of submarine-to-submarine combat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Three Caballeros - Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
- Don't Fence Me In - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Saturday Night (Is The Loneliest Night of the Week) - Frank Sinatra
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
- A Little on the Lonely Side - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
- I'm Beginning To See The Light - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?