Wednesday 14 February 1945, Valentine's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Caballeros, directed by Norman Ferguson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1945!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1945 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Hans Adam: Prince of Liechtenstein.
- Vic Briggs: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Animals).
- K M: Jenkins; British director of personnel (Royal Mail).
- William Hill Boner American politician (Representative-Democrat-Tennessee: 1979-).
- Gregory Hines in New York City: New York, USA; actor/dancer (White Nights, Taps).
- Hans-Adam: Monarch of Liechtenstein who has reigned since the death of his father Franz Joseph II, Prince (Fürst) of Liechtenstein, on 13 November 1989. Prince Hans-Adam owns a banking group and has a family fortune valued in the billions, making him one of the world's richest heads of state, and Europe's wealthiest monarch. He owns an extensive art collection, much of which is on public display at the Liechtenstein Museum in Vienna. His native language is German, but he is also fluent in English and Frenc
- Hans-Adam II: Prince of Liechtenstein
- Ladislao Mazurkiewicz: Uruguayan footballer and manager (d. 2013)
- Martin Sorrell: English businessman
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt meets with King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia aboard the USS Quincy, officially starting the U.S.-Saudi diplomatic relationship.
- World War II: On the first day of the bombing of Dresden, the British Royal Air Force and the United States Army Air Forces begin fire-bombing Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1945 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Saturday Night (Is the Loneliest Night in the Week) - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?