Thursday 19 October 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Robin Hood, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 October 1922 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1922 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
See other famous people born on 19 October
Jack Anderson: American newspaper political reporter since 1947 with hard-hitting exposes of scandal and corruption in high places.
Elena Curti: Italian noted family, alleged to be illegitimate daughter of benito mussolini.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
My Honey's Lovin' Arms - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Dancing Fool - Club Royal Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1922?
- Science: Science vol. 56 issue 1450
- Science: Science vol. 56 issue 1449
- Science: Science vol. 56 issue 1448
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
"Not only a thrilling tale, it is an important work of art. It has a real and skillfully constructed plot; the hero is unforgettable, and even the minor characters are impressively human; it abounds in humor and wit, the laughter ...
Unlike some other reproductions of classic texts (1) We have not used OCR(Optical Character Recognition), as this leads to bad quality books with introduced typos. (2) In books where there are images such as portraits, maps, sketches etc We have ...
"The Head of the House of Coombe" deals with London before the Great War, and the best drawn character in it is Mrs. Gareth-Lawless, a beautiful but heartless woman.
This tale of a priest's wartime affair with a young nurse has been described as "an astounding novel, the most delicate, the most beautiful, and the most outspoken love story of modern fiction."
Tell the world why 19 October 1922 is such a special date for you!