Monday 30 October 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Headless Horseman, directed by Edward D. Venturini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1922 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Jane White: American actress and singer (d. 2011).
- Anxious to compete with the Yankees, the New York Giants pay $65,000 and 3 players for Jack Bentley (hits .349 and is 13-1 as pitcher in 1922)
- Mussolini forms government in Italy
- Benito Mussolini is made Prime Minister of Italy.
- 3,000 German marks are now needed to buy a single American dollar - triple the figure three months ago.
- The Ottoman Empire is abolished and its last sultan Mehmed VI Vahdettin abdicates.
- A broadcasting licence fee of 10 shillings is introduced in the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gallagher & Shean - Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sweet Indiana Home - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?