Thursday 19 September 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1929 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Robert McCrindle: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament from 1970 to 1992.
- Marcel Dries: Belgium sport Champion.
- 10th Duke of Richmond: English large landowner / art collector.
- Margaret S Roukema: (Rep-R-New Jersey, 1981- ).
- Timothy Colman: England, United Kingdom -- Manufacturer / multi-millionaire (Reckitt & Colman).
- Marge Roukema: American educator and politician (d. 2014)
- Latvia Dictator A Woldemaras chased out
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 September 1929 and get them!