Friday 19 September 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew L Perry and Michael Symon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Then Came Bronson.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1969 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Matthew L Perry: Actor (Friends).
- Michael Symon: Chef.
- Candy Dulfer: Amsterdam, Holland -- Saxophonist (Lily Was Here).
- Jacek Frąckiewicz: Polish footballer.
- Alkinoos Ioannidis: Cypriot singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Kostya Tszyu: Russian-Australian boxer
- Cuong Vu: Vietnamese-American singer and trumpet player
- Tapio Wilska: Finnish singer-songwriter (Sethian and Finntroll)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?