Saturday 28 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Mysterious Island, directed by Lucien Hubbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1929 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Jacques Guilaine: French pediatrician and dermatologist.
- Marilyn Clark: Spokane, Washington -- Actress (House of Party Beach).
- Nigel Althaus: British government broker.
- Nikolay Ryzhkov: Premier of the USSR (1985-1991).
- Lata Mangeshkar: Indian playback singer.
- Late Mangeshkar: Indian singer, and occasional music-composer. She is one of the best-known and most respected playback singers in India.
- 1st CF interception return for a touchdown (Joe Hess - University of Alberta)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1929 and get them!