Friday 21 November 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Hans Christian Andersen, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1952 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Lorna Luft: American actress, singer, dancer and member of a noted family, the daughter of Judy Garland and Sid Luft, half-sister to Liza Minnelli.
- Lorna Luft in Scarsdale: New York, USA; singer/actress (Where the Boys Are-1980).
- Mervyn Davies: Baron Davies of Abersoch Welsh banker and politician.
- Janne Kristiansen: Norwegian lawyer and jurist.
- Suzanne Steffen: American noted family, the daughter of actress Jane Powell and her broker, Geary Steffen.
- Deborah Shelton in Washington DC: USA; actress (Dallas, Ocean Kill, Body Double).
- Eamonn Coghlan: Ireland -- 1500m runner (1976 Olympics - 4th Place)
- William Green: American union leader, president of the AFL for 12 years, while membership declined from four million in 1930 to half that number by 1933.
- 1st US postage stamp in 2 colors (rotary process) introduced
- Dodgers pitcher Joe Black wins NL Rookie of Year
- First US postage stamp in two colors (rotary process) introduced.
- A show trial in Czechoslovakia sentences 11 ex-communist officials (all of them Jews) to death.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 November 1952 and get them!