Tuesday 18 November 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Hans Christian Andersen, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1952 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Peter Beattie: Australian lawyer and politician 36th Premier of Queensland.
- Claudio Capone: Italian-born Scottish voice actor (Born 1952).
- Delroy Lindo: English actor and director.
- Paul Eluard: French communist / poet, dies at 56.
- Jomo Kenyatta is arrested in Kenya for an alleged connection to the Mau Mau uprising.
- Slánský trials: A series of Stalinist and largely anti-Semitic show trials are held in Czechoslovakia.
- A fireball crashes in a backyard in Havelock North, New Zealand.
- The first official passenger flight over the North Pole is made from Los Angeles to Copenhagen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?