Wednesday 21 October 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Les AuCoin and Elvin Bishop in Oklahoma.
Now, Voyager, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1942 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Les AuCoin: (Rep-D-Oregon, 1975- ).
- Elvin Bishop in Oklahoma: USA; rocker ("Fooled Around and Fell in Love").
- Judy Sheindlin: TV Show Host.
- Elvin Bishop: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Allan Grice: Australian race car driver and politician.
- Lou Lamoriello: American ice hockey player coach and manager
- Judith Sheindlin: American judge and television host
- Christopher Sims: American economist and statistician Nobel Prize laureate
- John Stevens: Baron Stevens of Kirkwhelpington English police officer and academic
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?