Monday 19 October 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Now, Voyager, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 19 October 1942 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the important events of 19 October 1942 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
See other famous people born on 19 October
Jean-Pierre About: French writer, reporter and assistant director, known for the films Statu Quo (2003), Louis Lumière (1968) and Tout le monde en parle (1998).
edmond Baraffe: .
Andrew Vachss: American author and attorney.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1942?
- Life: Sandbagged Sphinx
- Time: Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army
- Life: War work
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This is the classic work that tells the true story surrounding the miraculous visions of St. Bernadette Soubirous at Lourdes, France in 1858. Werfel, a highly respected anti-Nazi writer from Vienna, became a Jewish refugee who barely escaped death in ...
Occupied by enemy troops, a small, peaceable town comes face-to-face with evil imposed from the outside—and betrayal born within the close-knit community In this masterful tale set in Norway during World War II, Steinbeck explores the effects of invasion on ...
The story of Tzu Hsi is the story of the last empress in China. In the novel, Nobel Prize Winner, Pearl S. Buck recreates the life of one of the most interesting rulers during a time of intense turbulence.
A lovely romance novel that's once a bestseller and was made into a movie (in 1944) and is praised for its aesthetic beauty for ages, is what's this novel And Now Tomorrow's short introduction.
Tell the world why 19 October 1942 is such a special date for you!