Saturday 3 October 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Flying Tigers, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 3 October 1942 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror
Which were the important events of 3 October 1942 ?
See other famous people born on 03 October
- FDR forms Office of Economic Stabilization
- Launch of 1st A-4 / V-2 rocket to altitude of 53 miles (85 km)
- New York Yanks Frank Crosetti shoves ump Bill Summers in World Series, he is fined $200 and suspended for 1st 30 days of 1943 season
- Spaceflight: The first successful launch of a V-2 /A4-rocket from Test Stand VII at Peenemunde, Germany. It is the first man-made object to reach space.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1942?
- Life: Admiral Leahy
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: William F. Gibbs -- Sep. 28, 1942
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This is the classic work that tells the true story surrounding the miraculous visions of St. Bernadette Soubirous at Lourdes, France in 1858. Werfel, a highly respected anti-Nazi writer from Vienna, became a Jewish refugee who barely escaped death in ...
Occupied by enemy troops, a small, peaceable town comes face-to-face with evil imposed from the outside—and betrayal born within the close-knit community In this masterful tale set in Norway during World War II, Steinbeck explores the effects of invasion on ...
DJ is rather worn to edges with tears and chips/holes and spine well faded/sunned. Content is lightly age toned with heavier toning to the rough cut page ends and endpapers.
This early work by Rachel Field was originally published in 1942 and we are now republishing it with a brand new introductory biography. 'And Now Tomorrow' is a bestselling novel that was adapted into a film in 1944.
Tell the world why 3 October 1942 is such a special date for you!