Thursday 15 October 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Stevenson and James A Leach.
Now, Voyager, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1942 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Don Stevenson: Seattle, Washington -- Rock drummer (Moby Grape).
- James A Leach: (Rep-R-Iowa, 1977- ).
- Penny Marshall in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (The Odd Couple, Laverne and Shirley).
- Derek Carter: British cartoon artist, animator and film maker.
- Ronald Byrnes: American professional astrologer for more than three decades, the student of natal, Placidian tropical, researching historical and current figures and events, with a special emphasis on early Christianity and the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
- Éric Charden: French singer and songwriter born to a Tibetan mother. Solist, he became popular with the song "Le monde est gris, le monde est bleu", and then most popular thanks to his duets with his wife Annie Gautrat, aka Stone: "Made in Normandy"... In 1975, he created the musical "Mayflower" with Guy Bontempelli and obtained an international success, even in the USA. In 2012, he received the French legion of honor before his death (of cancer).
- Milt Morin: American football player. He died on 9 July 2010.
- Hilo Chen: Taiwanese-American painter
- Harold Gehman: Jr. American admiral
- Dirk Bannink: Nurse / local counciller Deventer, executed.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?