It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunting, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in September 1963 ?
- Dementia 13
directed by Francis Coppola
starring: William Campbell, Luana Anders, Bart Patton
- Vivre Sa Vie
directed by Jean-Luc Godard
starring: Anna Karina, Sady Rebbot, Andr S. Labarthe
- The Haunting
directed by Robert Wise
starring: Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson
- X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes
directed by Roger Corman
starring: Ray Milland, Diana Van der Vlis, Harold J. Stone
directed by Masaki Kobayashi
starring: Tatsuya Nakadai, Akira Ishihama, Shima Iwashita
Which were the important events of Saturday, 21 September 1963 ?
Famous People born
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
: Los Angeles, California -- Infielder (Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Playboy Magazine cover
A scene from 'Knife in the Water, 'a Polish film by Roman Polanski
Esquire Magazine cover
Sports Illustrated: no.7837
The Shoes of the Fisherman - Morris L. West
The Group - Mary McCarth
Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters, and Seymour-An Introduction - J.D. Salinger
Caravans - James A. Michener
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Power Our Moon Men (1963)
VWs Bus (1963)
Bing Crosby Pro-am Golf Tournament 3m (1963)
Tell the world why Saturday, 21 September 1963 is such a special date for you!