Wednesday 22 August 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Count of Monte Cristo, directed by Rowland V. Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1934 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- John M Chowning: Composer.
- Margaret Douglas: Chief political adviser (BBC).
- Norman Schwartzkopf in New Jersey: USA; US General (Liberated Kuwait from Iraq).
- Sir Donald McIntyre: English bass-baritone.
- Pierre Potier: French chemist and pharmacist, who died in Paris on 3 February 2006.
- Norman Schwarzkopf: American career military man who was known as "Stormin' Norman" while Commander in Chief of the U.S. forces during the Gulf War. A 4-Star Army General and graduate of West Point, class of 1956, he was commander of the allied coalition in the Persian Gulf conflict in January 1991, having foreseen the possibilities as early as 1983. His military career is one of high achievement with awards consisting of the D.S.M., D.F.C., Silver Star and Purple Heart. He also served two tours in Vietnam during w
- Red Sox pitcher Wes Ferrell hits 2 HRs to beat White Sox 3-2 in 12
- Bill Woodfull of Australia becomes the only cricket captain to twice regain The Ashes.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?