Sunday 22 February 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Reed and Addison Bickford.
The Extraordinary Adventures of Saturnino Farandola, directed by Marcel Fabre, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1914 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Henry Reed: English poet (d. 1986).
- Addison Bickford: American student astrologer.
- Renato Dulbecco: Italian/American biologist, Nobel Prize 1975, research in biology of viruses causing cancer and other animal viruses.
- Otello Toso: Italy Actor.
- Thillaiaadi Valliammai: a Tamil satyagrahi from South Africa (Born 1898).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down in Chattanooga - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?