Monday 2 February 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Die Insel der Seligen, directed by Max Reinhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1914 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Eric Kierans: Canadian economist and politician 1st Canadian Minister of Communications (d. 2004).
- Charles Chaplin makes his film début in the comedy short ''Making a Living''.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Walter Van Brunt
- When It's Apple Blossom time in Normandy - Harry Macdonough & Marguerite Dunlap
- If We Were On Our Honeymoon - Elsie Baker & James F. Harrison
- The Girl I Left Behind Me - Columbia Stellar Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?