Saturday 22 November 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Parrella and Katrin Krabbe.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garden-Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1969 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- John Parrella: NFL defensive tackle (SD Chargers).
- Katrin Krabbe: German athlete, track star for the German Democratic Republic before 1990.
- Byron Houston: American former professional basketball player and convicted sex offender.
- Marjane Satrapi: Iranian author and illustrator.
- Acario Cotapos: Composer, dies at 80.
- Isolation of single gene announced by scientists at Harvard University
- In American football, the University of Michigan upset Ohio State University, 24-12, in Bo Schembechler's first season as Michigan's head coach. The win set off the 10 Year War between Schembechler and Ohio State's Woody Hayes. (See also Michigan-Ohio State rivalry).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 November 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?