Friday 28 November 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Petersen and Marc Spindler.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Come Together by The Beatles.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Out of It, directed by Paul Williams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garden-Party.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1969 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Doug Petersen: CFL defensive end (Montreal Alouettes).
- Marc Spindler: NFL defensive tackle / end (NY Jets, Detroit Lions).
- Pedro Astacio: Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (LA Dodgers).
- Pio Sagapolutele: NFL defensive tackle (NO Saints, Cleveland Browns).
- Dale Carter: American athlete, corner back.
- Sherri Seabrooks: American homicide victim, stabbed over 50 times, 40 of the wounds obtained while trying to protect herself and their baby, November 1992. Her husband Sean's fury was aroused during an argument during which Sherri threatened that he would never be allowed to see their son.
- Nick Knight: English cricketer and sportscaster
- Robb Nen: San Pedro, California -- Pitcher (Florida Marlins)
- Valeri Nikitin: Estonian wrestler
- Lexington Steele: American porn actor director and producer
- Roy Barcroft: Actor (Eyes of Texas, Son of Zorro), dies at 67.
- Ted Sizemore becomes 7th Dodger to win NL Rookie of Year
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Three Dog Night - Eli's Coming
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?