Friday 14 November 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Henderson and Sue Stewart.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sesame Street.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1969 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Mark Henderson: United States -- 4X100m butterfly (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sue Stewart: Toronto, Ontario -- Basketball guard (1996 Olympics).
- Butch Walker in Rome: Georgia, USA; heavy metal guitarist (Southgang - "Tainted Angel").
- David Lindsay-Abaire: American playwright David Lindsay-Abaire is most known for his absurdist comedies in which characters inhabit strange, distorted worlds and yet remain grounded in emotional truth.
- Butch Walker: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (SouthGang and Marvelous 3).
- 2nd Vietnam Moratorium Day in US
- Apollo 12 (Conrad / Gordon / Bean) launched for 2nd manned Moon landing
- Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 12, the second manned mission to the surface of the Moon.
- Cold War: The Soviet submarine K-19 collides with the American submarine USS ''Gato'' in the Barents Sea.
- Vietnam War: In Washington, DC, 250,000–500,000 protesters stage a peaceful demonstration against the war, including a symbolic ampquotMarch Against Deathampquot.
- Regular colour television broadcasts begin on BBC1 and ITV in UK.
- Dave Thomas opens his first restaurant in a former steakhouse on a cold, snowy Saturday in downtown Columbus, Ohio. He names the chain ''Wendy's'' after his 8-year-old daughter Melinda Lou (nicknamed Wendy by her siblings).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- Smith - Baby It's You
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?