Thursday 23 July 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Torell and Richard Searby.
The Miracle Woman, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1931 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Jan Torell: Limhamm, Sweden -- Director (New Land, Emigrants).
- Richard Searby: Deputy-chairman (News Corp Ltd-Australia).
- Viktor Korchnoi: Chess champ.
- Queen Te: Atairangikaahu of the New Zealand Maori (d. 2006).
- Claude Angeli: French journalist, the executive editor of Le Canard Enchaîné, a satirical weekly newspaper in France.
- Howard Bond: American photographer who creates stunning black and white photographs of nature and architecture. Some of his photographs have been purchased by museums across the country. He earned two master's degrees, one in music and another in mathematics. In addition to his photography, he has taught music and worked as a computer programmer.
- Lyndall Hopkinson: English author, who wrote the book, "Nothing to Forgive: A Daughter's Story of Antonia White" (1988) about her difficult relationship with her mother, the writer Antonia White.
- Te Atairangikaahu: Māori queen (d. 2006)
- Claude Fournier: Canadian director screenwriter and cinematographer
- Guy Fournier: French Canadian author and screenwriter
- Ashmore and Cartier Island in Indian Ocean are transferred to Australia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?