Monday 6 July 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donal Donnelly and Joseph Daniel White.
Smart Money, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1931 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Donal Donnelly: Bradford Yorkshire, England -- Actor (Dead).
- Joseph Daniel White: Singer / bandleader.
- David Boadella: British psychotherapist and founder of a modality of body psychotherapy called biosynthesis, and the author of numerous books including poetry.
- Antonella Lualdi: Italian actress and singer, who appeared in many Italian and French films in the 1950s and 1960s, notably in Claude Autant-Lara's film The Red and the Black in 1954, opposite Gérard Philipe.
- Della Reese: American singer, actress and entertainer.
- Rene Moulis: France sport Champion
- Louis Mexandeau: Wanquetin Politician
- Jean Campeau: French-Canadian businessman and politician
- László Tábori: Hungarian runner and coach
- 35th US Golf Open: Billy Burke shoots a 292 at Inverness Club Ohio
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?